TONONI ANTIQUED 550 VIOLIN
Hand-made of carefully selected well-aged tonewood. The top is made of choice fine-grained spruce and the back of nicely-flamed maple wood.
Several coats of oil varnish are applied by hand in the time-honoured tradition, giving a tasteful antique finish.
The best brand name strings (Pirastro Evah Pirazzi) and the original Despiau bridge from France complete this instrument’s high quality features. The sound of the violin is lyrical, brilliant and powerful with a very good response.
Each violin is expertly finished, tested and adjusted for sound in our workshop in Muenster. First of all, the pegs are thoroughly greased, the sound post is put in position and the instrument is strung. During the following days the new strings are regularly tuned and re-tuned. Only then has the tension of the strings »settled« the instrument enough to be ready for the second stage – the optimal adjustment of the height and curve of the bridge to the fingerboard. The violin is only put on sale when it has been thoroughly tested for sound and approved.
- Handmade in the best tradition of violin making
- Carefully selected solid tonewood
- Selected fine-grained spruce top
- Nicely flamed maple wood back
- Ribs, neck and scroll in solid maple wood
- Inserted purfling
- Transparent oil varnish applied by hand (tasteful antique finish)
- Ebony tailpiece
- Ebony pegs (well fitted, easy to turn)
- Ebony fingerboard and chinrest
- Original Despiau bridge (imported from France)
- Original Tononi label
- Thomastik Visiion Titanium Solo String Set
MORE IMAGES IN GALERÍA